One week until Easter and it’s time to start getting ready for the sugar rush that is heading our way. Jelly beans, chocolate rabbits, and Cadbury eggs are all classics and will probably be in every Easter basket but I have a homemade treat that is sure to delight and maybe cause a bit of an addiction! It’s everyone’s favorite savory snacks- popcorn, pretzels, and peanuts, plus M&Ms coated with white chocolate and left to set. The result is what I’m calling bunny munch and let’s just say that you might want to hold off on nibbling the ears off of that Easter bunny because once you try this you wont even remember you have a chocolate bunny.
Two bags of popcorn, popped
1 small bag of salted pretzels
½ cup salted peanuts
1 bag M&Ms
1 bag of Wilton Candy Melts in purple, or whatever colors strike your fancy
1 bag of Wilton Candy Melts in yellow
2 bars of Ghirardelli White Chocolate
- Line three baking sheets with either parchment or silpats.
- Mixed 1/3 of the popcorn, pretzels, and peanuts together in a large bowl.
3. In a small bowl melt ½ of the bag of purple Candy Melts, stirring every 30 seconds.
4. Pour the melted chocolate over the snack mixture and toss until all pieces are equally coated with chocolate.
5. Mix in 1/3 of the M&Ms.
6. Spread over the baking sheet and allow to set.
7. Repeat steps 2-5 with the other colors of chocolate.
8. Once the chocolate has set break the bunny munch up into smaller pieces and mix the colors together!