For the past few years I’ve made Christmas treats for all of Tigger’s canine cousins, this year was no exception! This was supposed to be a post for the twelve days of Christmas but let me be quite frank, Christmas got a wee bit too busy and I never got around to typing it, so here you go, it’s only a month late-oops!
You know those chicken strips you can find in the grocery store or at the pet store? The ones that look like chicken jerky for your pup? Well, I wanted to simplify them make them at home and figured that it wouldn’t be that hard of a task, and guess what?! It wasn’t! All you need is chicken breast, a sharp knife, and an oven!
And let me say that these are sure to be a hit, the SIX dog taste testers that were at my mom’s house for Christmas all loved them so your pup will too!
1 package of Organic Chicken Breasts
- Preheat your oven to 200° F. If your oven will not go down this low preheat it at the lowest setting possible.
- Using a very sharp filet knife shave the chicken breast as thin as you can.
- On a baking sheet lined with a silpat, arrange the chicken strips so that they are not touching one another.
- Dehydrate for 3 to 5 hours, flipping the strips once after about an hour and a half or when the top side looks dried out and unappetizing to the human eye.
- Let cool before you treat your furry friend to a sample then store in an air tight container.