On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me four magic cookie bars, three shots of eggnog, two pieces of peppermint fudge, and cute little gingerbread bundt.
The Christmas cookie baking has officially started! My mom and I spent all day today baking five batches of cookies! Four batches are for a holiday party at her work tomorrow, the fifth batch were frozen and will be baked for our family sometime next week. We started out with a really easy but yummy magic cookie bar.
Magic Cookie Bars
(Recipe originally from the book Best Recipes From the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars)
½ cup unsalted butter
1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
1 can sweetened condensed milk
6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
1 oz flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 325° F and place butter in a 13 by 9 in glass baking dish.
- Melt the butter in the dish in the oven then sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the butter.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumbs.
4. Next, sprinkle the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut, and nuts over the sweetened condensed milk and gentle press the mixer down into the dish.
5. Bake for 25 to320 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Let cool, cut, and enjoy.